Limousines and Shuttles
Travel to and from the Indianapolis Airport is the only circumstance where a limousine service is regularly approved. Requesting a private limousine and the additional
costs associated with a private service is not compensated by IU.
IU has a shared ride limousine service agreement with the Classic Touch/Carte Blance Limousine Service and Go Express Travel. These vendors offer shared ride services from the BL and IN campus locations to the Indianapolis Airport. Reimbursement is limited to the shared ride cost negotiated with these preferred providers (see below for pricing).
Costs associated with private limousine services are not reimbursed by IU. The differential between the shared ride and the private ride costs must be paid using non-IU funds, such IU Foundation funds or the traveler's personal funds, when private limousine services are utilized.
Go Express Travel
- Contact Go Express Travel by phone at (812) 332-6004 or (800) 589-6004.
- Current IU approved rates for shared sedan service from Bloomington to the Indianapolis Airport are $83 per person one way and $166 per person round trip. Please note: these rates include gratuity.
- When making direct billed reservations, you will need to provide the traveler's University ID number (for IU faculty, staff or student travelers) or a vendor payee number (for non-employee travelers). The department account number is also required.
- Go Express Travel also offers an airport shuttle service from Bloomington to the Indianapolis Airport which can be purchased at a ticket kiosk at each pick up location (at a cost of $23 each way) or by calling Go Express (at a cost of $25). The airport shuttle tickets/reservations must be paid out of pocket and reimbursed after the trip. Shuttle pick up locations and pricing information can be found at www.bloomingtonshuttle.com.
Classic Touch / Carte Blanche
- Bloomington: (812) 339-7269
- Indianapolis: (317) 244-4444
- Make reservations by phone or by email to email@example.com. When making reservations, you will need to provide the traveler's University ID number (for IU faculty, staff or student travelers) or the University ID number of the individual who is making the reservation (for non-employee travelers). The department account number is also required.
- A 10% discount on standard rates is offered to IU faculty and staff for personal travel.
- At the airport: Follow the signs to the Ground Transportation Center located across from Baggage Claim. The Classic Touch booth is to the left across from Hertz Car Rental. Check in with Classic Touch by notifying the booth attendant or by picking up the white courtesy phone.
- If a passenger is delayed or misses a flight, contact Classic Touch at 1-800-319-0082 to reschedule and avoid cancellation fees.